Swift Transportation, Inc.
OOIDA v. Swift Transportation, Inc.
U.S. District Court for District of Arizona
Violation of the Truth-in-Leasing regulations by failing to disclose or document charge-backs for fuel and insurance, and failing to adequately provide protections for escrow accounts.
The court granted Swift’s Motion for Summary Judgment stating that motor carriers are not required to provide documentary disclosure of their mark-ups on charge-backs. OOIDA has appealed this decision and is awaiting a ruling from the Court of Appeals.
- Petition Rehearing 5/21/2015
- District Court Decision to Award Attorney Fees 5/7/2015
- Answer of Claimants' Demand for Arbitration 1/25/2005
- Demand for Class Action Arbitration 11/1/2004
- Memorandum in Support of Plaintiff's Motion for Class Certification 9/24/2004
- Injunction Decision 5/12/2004
- Class Action Complaint 6/1/2002
- OOIDA Supplemental Brief in Support of motion for preliminary injunction
- Motion for Preliminary Injunction
OOIDA Press Releases
- Court denies Swift Transportation motion to dismiss OOIDA lawsuit: reaffirms trucker’s private right of action to sue 10/17/2002
Land Line Daily News & Special Reports
- Click here to read Land Line's news regarding this lawsuit.