Business and Information Services
As an OOIDA member, you have access to the services and resources of the Business Services Department.
One of the most valuable resources that OOIDA makes available to members is its vast expertise, experience and knowledge of the complex issues truckers deal with every day. OOIDA’s Business Assistance staff is comprised of trucking professionals who can assist members with information on such topics as interpretation of the federal regulations, warranty issues, law enforcement, and protection of their rights under lease agreements.
- Compliance / Industry Assistance
- Lease reviews
- Carrier Complaints
- Industry questions
- Warranty and repair questions/assistance
- Lawsuit updates
- Compliance/regulation assistance
- Assistance with calculating the cost of operation
- Assistance in filing a claim against a Surety or Trust
- Assistance in filing a Sec 7 against a Shipper
- Broker Carrier Agreement reviews
For more information or assistance contact the Business Assistance Unit at 800-444-5791.
Permits and Licensing
OOIDA’s Business Services Permit and Licensing Unit is available to assist members in filing for their own authority. OOIDA’s experienced staff can steer you through the entire process in the shortest amount of time at minimal cost.
- Common/Contract Authority
- Broker Authority
- Freight Forwarder Authority
- Household Goods Authority
- Private Carrier
- Exempt for Hire
- Hazmat Authority
- Name/Address changes
- US DOT number
- Process Agent (BOC-3)
To learn more about getting your own authority, click here.
OOIDA’s trained agents are available to assist you with many of your permit needs. To learn more, click here.
- Heavy Highway Use Tax (2290)
- Weight Distance State Permits; Kentucky, New Mexico, Oregon and New York
- Oregon Bond
- Apportioned Plates (IRP)
- SCAC code
- Intrastate authority permit
- Annual renewals
Combine all operating needs in one quick call to our Authority Unit and ask about One-Stop Shopping.
- OOIDA’s authority unit will handle your authority needs
- Permit needs
- Drug Consortium needs
- Expedited final letter
- BOC 3 filing
One-Stop was designed to save money and time. Special tier pricing has been implemented to save you money when OOIDA handles all your operating needs.
(Ask your authority agent about additional cost savings when you secure your Primary Liability coverage through OOSI).
For assistance with your authority or permit need contact our Permit and Licensing Unit at 800-444-5791.